Barge and Ship Style Gangways
- Standard lengths starting at 14' 8".
- Standard widths up to 96'.
- Truss depth varies on gangway length and capacity requirements.
- Decking fabricated from aluminum sheet, treadplate, open grating or extruded decking.
- Choose from four different cleat styles to improve your footing at steeper angles of operation.
- Rugged truss construction affords a standard distributed load capacity of 60 pounds per square foot and can be custom constructed to accommodate higher load capacities.
Standard and Custom Made Gangways
The 48' gangway shown above is one of many built for the U.S. Navy. SafeRack standard gangways are available in sizes up to 90' in length with widths of up to 5 feet. Special purpose gangways exceeding 100' in length with widths up to 8 feet are also available. Whether your needs call for a standard gangway, one based on NAvSEA drawings, or one designed 'from scratch', SafeRack's design team has the knowledge and experience to get the job done.
Options & Accessories
- Weather-proof canopies
- Upper platforms, lower platforms, trestle ladders and other add-ons available for added convenience
- Replace standard decking with slotted decking to help prevent accumulation of adverse weather (snow, sleet, etc...)
- Bulbous cleats available in 1' or 2' sizes for improved footing at all angles
- Lighting fixtures available
- Flip plates ease the transition from gangway to dock surface or ship deck
- Shell rollers
Barge access gangway with winch control. Gangway to access barge with customer supplied swivel base and lifting source
Gangways are built to order to your required length and specifications. Self-adjusting stairs (shown) have a working range of 40 degrees below to 45 degrees above horizontal. Lifting source is typically an existing jib or winch location dockside.
End tread "kicker" with casters
Stair "kicker" option allows for rolling of gangway end on ship or barge. Heights can vary based on handrail heights or obstructions on ship or barge. Other options include rubber bumper feet, swivel casters or a solid roller.
Spring counterbalanced barge gangway approximately 8' long.
Platform and gangway combination can come shipped assembled for easy installation. Spring counterbalancing is possible on short enough applications that provide easy and economical installations.
Question? Contact.Complete this form and an experienced
rep will contact you immediately.
Spark-proof Tank Car Sockets Keep Workers Safe
We have done business with your company before and the results have been excellent. We unload a flammable product, and this product keeps our team members safe. The item is high quality, the price is lower than other products on the market, and the sales team delivered on the promise of a quick delivery.
Re-affirmed SafeRack fall prevention quality
Product was delivered slightly ahead of schedule. When we found that aluminum shaft rings were not holding up SafeRack was quick to produce stainless steel parts to keep our racks in service Re-affirming SafeRack fall prevention system quality.
Best ramp we have ever had
The delivery time was very fast. My guy say this is the best ramp we have ever had at the docks. Our ships are getting taller, and the ramp makes everything eaiser on my guys. Our safety department was very excited about the ramp. I am ordering a second one for the other ship dock.
PPG Industries, Inc.