With 6 feet of adjustability and universal mounting system, the YellowGate XL can be ordered and installed with no measuring or mounting guesswork. Protect every dock passageway with one SKU.
Loading dock safety gate systems help prevent accidental falls from dock height
Protect people and forklifts from dock opening and an open ledge. Some gates protect only against personnel, but the sturdy YellowGate offers higher impact ratings for heavier items such as forklifts.
The YellowGate XL loading dock safety gate is also OSHA-compliant to reduce the danger of falls from docks, bays or exposed edges when closed. Because of YellowGate’s adjustability and tension adjust, the YellowGate effortlessly lifts to give access for truck loading and unloading and is also versatile to be used in areas inside a plant, to restrict access to work cells or other fall points.
The safest way to keep things moving on your dock!
The YellowGate XL provides OSHA-compliant fall protection for a wide variety of loading areas.
Designed with patented Malbec tensioner feature, our Yellowgate is counterbalanced to enable easy, one-handed operation. The YellowGate XL Loading Dock Safety Gate operates smoothly, utilizing a slam-proof dampening system with no pinch points to protect users during operation.
Adjustable from 6-12 feet
Tensioner assisting system with our patent pending Malbec Tensioner. No springs to break or weaken.
Simple 4-bolt installation
The Benefits of YellowGate XL loading dock safety gate
- Protect Dock Worker – The YellowGate XL Loading Dock Safety Gate keeps your dock running efficiently and team safe while working
- Flexible Sizing – Adjustable from 6′ to 12′ to fit any opening, whether it’s a standard dock opening or non-standard.
- Easy Operation – Counterbalanced design makes it easy for one person to operate the gate smoothly with just one hand
- No Slamming – Our patented Malbec Tensioner assist keeps the gate from closing hard
- Lifts Out Of The Way – The gate lifts vertically 90 degrees (without pinch points) to ensure plenty of clearance for loading and unloading
- Built To Last – YellowGate’s quality is built to last – Heavy-gauge steel and a powder coat yellow finish is durable and holds up to repetitive use… exterior or interior
- Simple Delivery And Installation – In Stock. Order today and install tomorrow… simply bolts to existing floor or concrete
Do loading docks require fall protection?
OSHA Regulations Require that loading docks 46″ or taller require fall protection.
OSHA Loading Dock Requirements
Loading docks are busy hubs of activity for most warehouses, distribution centers, industrial buildings, and manufacturing facilities. Because these areas are heavily trafficked by vehicles and workers and because of the sheer size and weight of many of the products and materials that are being moved in and out of the facility, the dock area is also space where workplace injuries frequently occur.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports that twenty-five percent of all warehouse injuries occur on loading docks. To help lower that number, OSHA has put specific requirements in place for loading dock safety, through 29 Code of Federal Regulations 1910.176 – Material Handling. These regulations include guidelines on the handling of mechanical equipment, secure storage of materials, housekeeping, clearance, and others. As a facility owner or manager, it is essential to know and implement OSHA’s requirements. Other guidelines include: