OPW is a global leader in fluid handling, monitoring, and management solutions for the secure and effective handling of fluids in the refinery to the retail and commercial points of consumption, such as loading systems, rail, and transportation tank truck equipment, tank gauging, fuel management systems, valves, fittings, underground and above ground storage tank equipment, spill containers, overfill prevention devices, secondary containment sumps and flexible piping, retail and commercial fueling dispensers, and electronic POS systems, swivels, breakaways, and nozzles for virtually all fuel types, including LPG, Hydrogen, and CNG. OPW also designs and produces touch-free and friction car wash systems. OPW has 3,850+ employees with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Brazil, China, and India and earnings around the world.
SafeRack is an OPW Distributor
SafeRack is not only the largest supplier of truck loading platforms and railcar loading systems in North America but also the largest loading arm distributor for both OPW and Emco Wheaton. Loading arm projects go faster and more smoothly with SafeRack because we coordinate with pipe, electrical and civil engineers to help resolve any variables with vehicles. In addition, SafeRack offers the most extensive selection of swivel joints for the most challenging liquid handling applications. Simply put, your railcar loading systems are more productive with SafeRack.
OPW provides the most complete line of loading arm systems and loading-rack gear for today’s bulk loading and unloading requirements. Loading arm systems enable the transport of gasoline or liquefied gas from one tank to another via a pipe system. When moving gas, you may need both a bottom and top loading arm. Whether the application includes tank trucks, railcars, drums or bags, and the moving of oil products, liquefied gases, asphalt, solvents or hazardous/corrosive substances, OPW Engineered Systems is your preferred loading arm system alternative globally.
- Unmatched 120-Year Heritage
- Unparalleled Product Reliability
- Unbeatable Customer Care
- Unrivaled Resources and Capabilities
- Made in America
OPW manufactures swivel joints for a wide array of applications in the chemical, oil, petrochemical, refining, mining, distilling, brewing, ink, and paint industries, in addition to farm irrigation and fertilizing. Design, plant and maintenance engineers utilize OPW swivel joints in flexible piping systems, loading arms, hose reels, sewer rodding and wastewater treatment equipment, and various kinds of process machinery. They also use our swivel joints in machine tool coolant transfer, drum filling applications, and in much different in-plant fluid and dry bulk transfer applications.
They make it possible for you to use rigid metallic piping for loading and unloading fluids and dry merchandise under vacuum or pressure without the problem or risk of handling heavy, cumbersome hoses.
Swivel Joint Design Features
- Tight Seals
- Protected Bearing Chamber
- Long-Life Bearings
- Easy Lubrication
- No Field Adjustment Necessary
Designed for Safety
Our design efforts are supported by a state-of-the-art CAD system for faster, more accurate answers to your technical demands. OPW swivel joints are durable, dependable, simple to operate, and maintain.
Since 1892, OPW has been leading the way in discovering fluid-handling operations across the world. A worldwide leader in fluid-handling solutions, OPW’s mission is to help protect people and the environment, and improve business performance by proving an extensive selection of innovative solutions, such as loading systems, rail and transportation tank truck equipment, incorporated elastic piping, and secondary containment sumps, valves, fittings, underground and above ground storage tank equipment, spill containers, overfill prevention devices, swivels, breakaways, and fueling nozzles for virtually all fuel types, such as petrol, diesel, alternative fuels, LPG, Hydrogen, and CNG. OPW also designs and produces touch-free and friction car wash systems. OPW has 3,850+ workers with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Brazil, China, and India, and earnings around the world. OPW is a portion of the Fluids section of Dover (NYSE: DOV).
- OPW Chemical & Industrial — Safe, reliable and efficient loading and unloading of crucial hazardous chemicals: loading arms, swivel joints, sight flow indicators, quick and dry disconnect couplers, and security breakaways
- OPW Transportation — Components and systems for use on tank trucks and railroad tank cars to ensure the safe handling, loading, transportation, and unloading of hazardous bulk products, petroleum, chemical and dry bulk freight
- OPW Retail Fueling — Systems and products designed to protect the environment and customers at retail fueling sites for traditional and alternative fuels while improving efficiency and business performance
- OPW Vehicle Wash Solutions — Cutting-edge technological improvements in car wash equipment and car wash systems
- OPW has earned more patents than any other gear maker and has a global footprint with sales offices on six continents, manufacturing operations in North America, South America, Asia and Europe, and over 1,000 distributors worldwide.