Mezzanines on the Rise
Mezzanines and other elevated work spaces are a cost-effective method of rapidly expanding usable space by ‘building up’ instead of ‘building out.’ And including a variety of access points to the mezzanine can further improve efficiency for operations, workers, and equipment. While adding a mezzanine has several benefits, it comes with the added responsibility of maintaining a safe workplace through the use of fall protection. Installing a mezzanine safety gate is one of the more popular and versatile solutions.
Fall Protection with a Mezzanine Safety Gate
Aside from roadway incidents, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that falls to a lower level are the leading cause of workplace fatalities. OSHA’s general industry standards surrounding the use of a mezzanine safety gate are covered in Walking-Working Surfaces, standards 1910.28 and 1910.29. Among those, employers must protect from:
- Unprotected sides and edges
- Runways and similar elevated walkways
- Falling into or onto dangerous equipment
YellowGate’s XL mezzanine safety gate provides OSHA-compliant fall protection for mezzanines, walkways, elevated storage areas, and more.
Benefits of the YellowGate XL mezzanine safety gate
- Workforce Protection – Our mezzanine safety gate helps keep your team safe in multi-level environments.
- Superior Adjustability – Easily adjusts from 6′ to 12′ wide to fit any opening.
- One-handed Operation – Counterbalanced design makes it easy for one person to life the gate smoothly with just one hand.
- Built To Last – The durable mezzanine safety gate is made of heavy-gauge steel with a powder coat safety yellow finish.
Simple delivery and installation. Order today and install tomorrow.