These modular, steel, railroad spill containment railroad systems collect accidental spills that happen during fuel transfer operations.
It’s crucial to keep spills contained. Proactively installing a new, “on the spot,” discharge containment pad systems or replacing outdated equipment keeps regulatory agencies happy. Is your railroad operation ready to contain and manage an incidental spillage?
SafeRack’s advisors can help your facility meet the SPCC requirements.
Under the strict Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC)(EPA) requirements, all facilities engaged in railroad tank car loading/unloading must have a spill collection system in place if…
- The facility handles petroleum products and/or non-petroleum oils.
- The facility must have an aggregate above ground storage capacity greater than 1,320 gallons or a completely buried storage capacity higher than 42,000 gallons.
- There must be a reasonable expectation of a discharge into or upon navigable waters of the United States or adjoining shorelines.
These galvanized steel railcar track pans with grating can be installed to meet the SPCC and other railroad regulatory agency requirements for your facility.
Consulting with a Saferack Advisor to determine the level of spill containment your facility may need is easy.
The advantages of using steel spill containment pans…
- Steel track pans have a solid metal construction that provides higher impact resistance.
- Steel Spill Pans are engineered to provide a rapid positive flow to drain outlets.
- Galvanized steel spill systems fight the elements to resist oxidation.
Spill containment installations like these are always “on the spot.”
Saferack is ready to offer advice and assistance with the installation of steel containment systems in your railroad yard.
If your depot transfers any oils, chemicals, or fuels, these systems are essential. On the track, installations are less disruptive to operations when you use the experts who have helped with many implementations. Saferack has worked with fuel depots, chemical companies, military facilities, and food companies that transport products by rail. We are ready to help today.