- Spill ContainmentMore …Safety Cages & Fall ProtectionMore …Skids & TransloadersMore …Shelters & CanopiesMore …
Railcar Track Pans
Track pans for railcar spill containmentSafeRack's complete range of railroad track pans and spill containment systems are SPCC and EPA compliant and safely captures hazardous spills from rail cars. Our Polyethylene and Metal railcar track pans are used globally to protect from accidental spills at railcar wash facilities, railroad tank car loading areas, and locomotive fueling stations.
PetroLiance Chooses SafeRack for Spill Containment
PetroLiance, an industrial lubricant distributor, relies on SafeRack spill containment products, not just for EPA and OSHA compliance, but to protect our environment from harmful chemicals as well. At SafeRack, we highly value the safety of sour workers, and the safety of our planet.
Polyethylene Track Pans
Saferack provides high flow rate track pans for applications requiring capacity for larger spill containment system. These track pans are suitable for the following applications:
- Corrosive applications
- Storage areas
- Railroad refueling
- Fast delivery requirements
- High flow rate requirements
- High temp capabilities
- Optional rain covers reduce rainwater collection
- In locations where bottom loading with hoses occurs - Grating is flat and easy on the body if working under the railcar
Metal Track Pans
Our metal railcar track pans install quickly to keep railyard downtime to an absolute minimum. They are SPCC compliant and feature:
- 1/2- OR 3-Pan systems
- 20' or 40' sections
- Aluminum, stainless steel or galvanized steel
- Self-draining option
- High flow rate
- Optional bar grating walk surface
Capture hazardous spills from railroad tanker cars
Accidents happen—especially is transferring bulk liquids and other chemicals. And when those materials are hazardous, they pose significant risks to your workers, the environment and your bottom line. Thankfully, SafeRack offers numerous products designed to mitigate the risks associated with leaks and spills that occur during the loading or unloading of railcars. Each solution—whether metal or Polyethylene — is built to contain spills and leaks at the source and help prevent a small problem from becoming much larger and costly.
- Modular Track Pan design can be customized to meet your specific railroad spill containment needs can be added to to protect any length of railroad track.
- Solutions for collecting small leaks OR to capture and channel off larger spills caused by defective equipment or a major overflow.
- An economical, easy to install railroad spill solution.
- Durable and long lasting with an estimated usable work span of 20-30 years.
- Modular design – Center and Side Pans are 53.5″ long; railroad spill containment areas can be easily assembled to any length desired
- All-polyethylene construction – Rugged Track Pans function in temperatures ranging from -40°F to +140°F and designed to withstand harsh chemicals.
- Sealed System – Polyethylene gaskets keep spills from falling between the rails and Pans. Trucks and other vehicles can drive over Track Pans with grates in place*.
- Below grade piping – All Center and Side Track Pans are molded with pipe fitting locators at their lowest point. Below grade piping can be installed to channel large spills to oil/water separators, holding ponds, etc.
- Unique stormwater feature is designed to eliminate “pooling” of rain that falls on top of the Center Pan Covers; rain is channeled onto the ballast between the tracks, stays out of the Pans.
- Low Maintenance – unlike carbon steel track pans, Ultra-Track Pans will not rust or corrode. Polyethylene resin is treated with a UV inhibitor, resists degrading effects of the sun.
- Low Cost Installation — Lightweight Track Pans can be easily installed without heavy lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, cranes, backhoes, etc. Minimal tools and labor required.
- Slip Resistant Surfaces – Pans, grates and covers have been designed with safety in mind. All top surfaces resist slips when wet or oily.
- Optional Track Pan Covers keep rainwater out of the Pans, providing effective stormwater management.
- Polyethylene Covers are left in place until the railcar(s) arrive to be off-loaded or loaded. Lightweight covers mechanically lock into the polyethylene decking and will not blow off in windy conditions.
- Ultra-Track Pans Are Available In Two (2) Models:
- Track Pans and Grates, No Covers
- Track Pans with Grates and Covers
- Meets SPCC and EPA Stormwater Management Regulations.
- Also meets New York State Chemical Bulk Storage Regulation Section 599.17c — Secondary Containment for Transfer Stations.
Track Pans with Grates, No Covers
Part # Description Dimensions Weight Containment Capacity Includes 9566 Center Track Pan with Grates 53½” x 53½” x 6″ (1359 mm x 1359 mm x 153 mm) 112 lbs. (51 kg) 18 gallons (69 L)* 2 bulkhead fittings, 4 gaskets and 2 grates 9576 Side Track Pan with Grates 53½” x 27½” x 6″ (1359 mm x 699 mm x 153 mm) 58 lbs. (26 kg) 19 gallons (72 L)* 1 bulkhead fitting, 2 gaskets and 1 grate
Track Pans Covers Only
Part # Description Dimensions Weight 9580 Cover for Center Track Pan 55″ x 52 1/2″ (1397 mm x 1333 mm) 24 lbs. (11 kg) 9581 Cover for Side Track Pan 55″ x 28 1/4″ (1397 mm x 717 mm) 11 lbs. (5 kg)
Complete Railroad Spill Containment Systems
Part # Description Containment System Length 9595 Two (2) Center Pans, four (4) Side Pans. No covers 9-Foot 9596 Two (2) Center Pans with Covers, four (4) Side Pans with Covers 9-Foot 9589 Nine (9) Center Pans, eighteen (18) Side Pans. No covers 40-Foot 9590 Nine (9) Center Pans with Covers, eighteen (18) Side Pans with Covers 40-Foot 9592 Fourteen (14) Center Pans, twenty-eight (28) Side Pans. No covers 60-Foot 9593 Fourteen (14) Center Pans with Covers, twenty-eight (28) Side Pans with Covers 60-Foot
Part # Description 9584 Rebar Fasteners with Protective Caps (20-pack) 9559 3″ dia. Bulkhead Fitting (for below grade piping) 9571 Grate Only for Center Pan (Left) 9572 Grate Only for Center Pan (Right) 9573 Grate Only for Side Pan
Related productsSee all related products
Quick Quote 866-761-7225
LET US DESIGN YOUR SOLUTION TODAY
Our innovative tools provide 3D visualizations and accurate quotes in minutes.Get Help Now